Thursday, September 30, 2010

Layouts Here and Layouts There

Literally, there are layouts here and layouts there all over my house, and a few in the car too.  I've been scrapping at night, and working during the day so in order to take some decent pictures of the layouts I've been moving them everywhere.  The most successful place has been out in the garage just before going to work, hence the few layouts in the car!

I love a good scrapping challenge.  What makes a good scrapping challenge, is one where there is a theme, or some thought put into the challenge, and even in the presentation of the challenge.  The more effort that goes into creating a challenge, the more inspired I get in creating from it.  

With that said, I love Color Combo Galore for the presentation of their challenges, just lovely! Anyway, this week they had a great palette of browns and reds this week.


Some more Disneyland pics.  DH being silly while having a fantastic lunch at the Carnation Cafe. 
It is such a small little cafe hidden amongst the shops on Main Street, but while there it felt
like a world away.


These two are for a "Glee" challenge at Dixie Pieces.  Week 1 was all about the 60's and classic rock.  While week 2 was/is about Alternative.  Its been fun interpreting these challenges!


Supplies : Kiki Art pp (absolutely perfect for a 60's themed layout) MS Butterfly punch, Prima Journalling
Jennie Bowlin,  MME Tickets

The music supplied for inspiration was Beatles songs and that doesn't resonate with me, so I went with the first images I thought of when I think of the 60's.  That being the art of Andy Warhol.  So I played with the pics a bit in photoshop and tried to give them an Andy Warhol feel.


The one for alternative week, was all about using things in different ways, and being grungy.  So lots of tearing, painting, inking. 

supplies : crate paper, scrap within reach, prima flowers, tim holtz stamps,
heidi swapp stickers, 7 gypsies rubons, ms butterfly punch



tfl



3 comments:

  1. Great layouts! Your right that red and brown color is delicious together. Cool take on the Andy Warhol style with your pictures. That background paper make me think of platforms and bell bottems. Groovy!
    I LOVE the grungy look for photographs and layouts. HOT picture of you by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - very artsy - and it looks like you were having lots of fun making it!

    ReplyDelete