Friday, February 10, 2012

End of the Beginning


When I was in Mr. Lecich's Grade 12 Socials class we had to do an imaginary interview with Sir Winston Churchill. Amazing I still remember one of the quotes from him I used

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"
Winston Churchill
1942

Beyond being impressed that I can remember something from that many years ago, its a little strange that I recall that on the day I registerd the little one for Kindergarten. 

Its a little up in the air about how I feel about it.
On one hand I am happy that she is ready for Kindergarten and will have some friends in her class. 
Her sisters are beyond excited to have all three in the same school.
I'm a little aprehensive about her going to Kindergarten... will she be OK all day? 
 (I know she will be fine, the others managed just fiine....but still)
I'm thrilled that it feels like the baby stage in our lives is over.
I'm a bit sad that the baby stage in our lives is over.

In any case, its only February and she doesn't start until Sept.
7 months away.
Typing it out, it seems so far away, yet at the time it felt like it was coming so soon.

It kind of feels like the
'end of the beginning'
so much more to come




A bit of hopscotch on a sunny winter day.


No comments:

Post a Comment