Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jan OLW Blog Hop | One Step Forward

ah, so its been 31 days and my word and I have begun to gel together.  I'm liking my choice of word and it feels right for me, for now.   It is a much better fit that last years word.  Last year  I never even got around to taking a picture.  So this year, I'm one step further ahead already!

I had planned a few days in advance on taking my pic one particular morning, and then it turned out dd ended up having a friend over, so rather than put it off and wait for that 'perfect' time, I just moved forward and went with it.   I pulled out the tripod and took a few pics.  Well, that drew the curiosity of two four year olds, and once I was done, they had their own mini photo shoot.    It was such a fun morning with the two of them moving the tripod around and posing. 



  The Pre Conference     Set Up                                           Strike a Pose

  Switch,  more posing  Peace :)                                                                                                                    The Post Conference



I can't help but think of how waiting for the 'perfect right' time often leads to so many missed opportunities that we never knew were there.  And really, what is a perfect time anyway... time to let that notion go and move forward.

" Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back ..." 
Buddha

A theory has only the alternative of being right or wrong. A model has a third possibility: it may be right, but irrelevant.
Manfred Eigen








ONE LITTLE WORD Feb 1, 2012 Blog Hop




                                        Karen               You are here :)
                                             Melissa               Next up is Melissa
 
 
There are a lot of blogs to visit, I hope you enjoy the stories and journeys shared. 
 

16 comments:

  1. Lovely post and great choice of word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful thoughts this month! i think so many of us let precious opportunities go by as we wait until the moment is "perfect." but when we can accept that there is no perfect time/place/person we are free to embrace the joy and beauty all around us in our imperfect lives. your post exemplifies this concept. thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and reminder to seize the everyday moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the hop. Ha! Love your photo shoot of your photo shoot! :) You are so RIGHT! How many times have I put off doing something because all my ducks weren't in a (perfectly straight) row. LOVE your word! Blessings as you move forward through the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! A child's spontaneity is such a lesson for me in all my perfectionist ways! Love how you captured this! :) Made me smile! What a great word!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how fun is that! Great portrait with your word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect! love how the kids provided the real focus for your post. Your own photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful choice of words! You've clearly put a lot of thought into your word. All the best on your journey and I look forward to seeing more in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your word and what you've shared. And those photos of the kids are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blessings as you move FORWARD this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved stopping by. Great quotes and loved the story of your portrait with your daughter and friend. Sweet. Lovely photo and great word. I look forward to hearing how things move forward this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your post and love the impromptu photoshoot.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great photoshoot! Everyone moves forward, you and the children.
    So glad you shared the photos of them too.
    ~Marilee

    ReplyDelete