Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bed Sheets | 2 pictures 13 years

We got married 13 years ago on a very windy day in March.   It was Easter Long Weekend that year.
Now here we are over a decade later just before another Easter Long Weekend.
and the topic of this reflection is bed sheets.

Thirteen years ago, the bed sheets I picked out as a newlywed were a deep burgundy colour.  I remember loving those bed sheets.  I had matching towels and everything.

Well now thirteen years later, the latest bed sheets I picked out are just a bit different :)  We had plain white bedsheets for a while now.  I liked how crisp and fresh they looked, but I was ready for a change a bit of colour.  I loved this set as soon as I saw it.  Love the pop of red and brown on the white.  Still light, but now very springy!

Anyway on to the pics
Bed sheets I liked 13 years ago,

 


and bed sheets I love today.





Things I learned from this post :

1) Finding a picture of 13 year old bed sheets that I couldn't remember the name of is very difficult, but not impossible :)  Got to love google!
2) New bed sheets and a freshly made bed do not inhibit the children from jumping on the bed

3)Changing part of the room makes we want to decorate the rest of the room.  More work for me.  Thinking of some vintage eiffel tower pics or vintage maps to frame above the bed...hmmm....



No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap. ~Carrie Snow


The quote actually makes me sigh.  The one thing I miss about life 13 years ago is sleep.  I used to sleep alot.  I was a master napper.  Now even when I get the chance, my sleep isn't the same.   Even when I can sleep in, I still wake up at the slightest noise, and it just doesn't feel the same. 

Oh well, maybe I just to practice more!

3 comments:

  1. Awh HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What a fitting subject: Bedsheets. lol!
    Your new sheets are FABULOUS!
    I remember how much you loved to sleep. You were definitely Queen of the Naps.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great that you found the bed sheet you love so much. Its really beautiful with that vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a beautiful and lovely bedsheets. Anyways,Happy Anniversary!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete