Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Balance

Well its playoff season and we've jumped on the bandwagon.  I pulled out my old Trevor Linden jersey and girls had fun modelling it for me. 

But what really surprised me was the background pp for this layout.  I've had this line for months and months and have used it on countless layouts, but I never noticed the orca whales in the background of the pp.  They are hidden amongst the swirls and the polka dots. 

Since they fit in perfectly with the pics, I decided to move them from the background and let them stand out a bit.  I cut them out, covered the hole with a piece of coordinating pp and then adhered them back on.
Now the whales take centre stage :)


Supplies : Best Creation Surfs Up, Best Creation Glitter paper
 BG and MM chipboard letters
Spellbinders dies

It is such a balancing act of when to stay quiet and be in the background,
and when to step up and be centre stage. 
I think there are times when both are necessary, and the hard part
is deciding when to be what. 

Sometimes I think when you really want to be quiet and fade in the background
that might be the time to step up,
 and times when you want to be loud  might be the time to be quiet and listen. 

Its about balance.
Its about seeing beyond yourself.
Its about the bigger picture.
Its decision making
Its about having confidence and believing in yourself.
I hope my girls learn this.


"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
 "I will try again tomorrow"
Mary Anne Radmacher



”You miss 100% of the shots you never take.” - Wayne Gretzky

1 comment:

  1. What a creative idea to cut out the whales and use them on the same page.
    The girls look so cute modeling the jersey.
    Love hearing your thoughts on the balance of speaking up or keeping quite. Great thoughts to ponder.

    ReplyDelete